How to Make Beeswax Food Wraps with Pine Resin, Jojoba & Beeswax
Beeswax food wraps are an eco friendly alternative to cling wrap and other disposable wrapping.
What you need (per wrap, multiply out to your requirements:
- 18cm2 piece of material (organic cotton is good)
- 30g of Pine resin powder
- 7.5g of Jojoba oil
- 30g Beeswax
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 120 degrees C.
- In an old pot or saucepan, melt the pine resin & jojoba oil & stir until melted, then add the beeswax.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper to prevent a mess. Arrange a couple of cotton squares on to it. Either pour the mix on the material and work in and around with a silicon scrapper or using a silicone brush, brush on the beeswax mixture to cover the entire square. Place in the oven for a few minutes for the mixture to distribute evenly.
- Once out of the oven, hang the cotton squares to dry. A matter of minutes.
- Toni McMahon