Six Simple Tips to Banish Winter Skin
Winter can play havoc on your skin! Cold air, drying winds and low humidity in heated buildings all suck the moisture from your body. Plant Essentials can help keep your skin in tip-top condition by following these six simple tips;
- Keep your skin hydrated from the inside by ensuring you drink plenty of water. At least 8 - 10 glasses per day and try to limit your caffeine & alcohol intake.
- Use a dry body brush before bathing to get rid of dead skin flakes. Just a few minutes daily is all it takes and don't forget to always brush towards your heart.
- Avoid using commercial soaps or washes as these can aggravate already dry skin. Use a natural, chemical free body wash or castile soap that will nourish and renew your skin with plant based oils such as coconut oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, hemp oil etc like those sold at Plant Essentials.
- Use a natural body scrub (our Coconut & Lime Body Scrub is amazing) to exfoliate your skin which you can apply before getting into the shower. Its best not to use a body scrub more than once or twice a week. Also, don't use a body scrub on your face as they can be too harsh. Plant Essentials make a number of facial exfoliants designed especially for delicate facial skin.
- After your shower, apply a natural body cream or plant based oil to help nourish your skin and to hydrate and seal in moisture. Plant Essentials Mandarin & Vitamin E Nourishing Body Cream is perfect for getting on top of winter dryness. Pure coconut oil works well for this purpose as does our Rosehip & Avocado Serum. To relieve extremely dry, chaffed skin try our organically grown Hemp Cream.
- Protect your skin as much as possible; wear gloves when you go outdoors in cold weather and wrap a scarf around your face. Keep a tube of our Healing Honey Lip Balm in your pocket or bag and apply regularly to sooth windburn, fight cold sores and to keep lips hydrated. Ensure that any skin open to the elements is well moisturised.
Follow these six simple tips and enjoy great skin right through the winter months.
Pure Rose Hand Cream Recipe
A beautiful gift of pure rose in nourishing hand cream. ...
Refreshing Cold Tea Recipe
Perfect to serve on a warm Christmas Day to hydrate and r...
DIY Gentle Detox Face Exfoliant
This gorgeous DIY Gentle Detox Face Exfoliant fits our 10...
A Yummy Little Classic Christmas Essential Oil Blend for the Diffuser
Add the following drops of essential oil to your diffuser...