Homoeopathy is an effective and scientific system of healing that gently and safely restores health and vitality to the mind and body by encouraging the natural tendency of the body to heal itself. This makes it an empowering tool for parents in the nurturing and health care of their children.
Homoeopathy recognises that all symptoms of ill health are expressions of disharmony and that it is the patient who needs treatment - not the disease.
Homoeopathic medicine is understood to act by stimulating a healing response in the body by way of its similarity to the existing complaint.
Homoeopathy follows definite scientific laws of preparation, prescription and cure.
Taking of Homoeopathic Remedies
- The remedies are absorbed in the mouth, so are best held in the mouth for several minutes before swallowing. In the case of pilules, allow them to dissolve under the tongue.
- Unless the dose is very frequent, half an hour before meals, or between meals, is the best time to take your dose. However, 10 minutes before or after a meal or taking a drink, is acceptable.
- Do not use peppermint toothpaste, or drink strong peppermint tea, or ordinary coffee as these may antidote your remedies.
- Do not smoke, brush your teeth or gargle, or drink alcohol, within half an hour of taking remedies.
- Do not touch the remedies with your hands. Liquids may be administered on a teaspoon, diluted with water. Likewise, when administering pilules to infants or small children, a teaspoon is helpful. Pilules can be rolled into the lid of the vial, and then dropped under the tongue.
- If any pilules are dropped, they should be discarded and not returned to the bottle.
- Store your remedies away from direct light and heat, and away from all strong smelling substances, particularly camphor, as the potency of the medicine will be weakened.
- When using Homoeopathic remedies, do not use products such as "Vicks" or "Deep Heat", as these will antidote the remedy. There are very effective Homoeopathic creams which you can use instead when needed.
- When taking more than one medicine, separate the doses by at least 10 minutes, preferably longer.
- Store your medicines away from electrical appliances such as fridge, TV, microwave, clock radio and stereo.